Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Dinner, Aprons, and Friends & Family The Old Fashion Way ~ day 14

"aN aPRoN aS pREtTy AS cAN bEe"

What a bright beeautiful Sunday it turn out to bEe...When I was younger (much younger) Sundays were for going to Church and Sunday Dinners with Family & Friends...once home from Church my older aunts would put on their aprons & get bIzzy in the kitchen preparing our early afternoon dinner ~ yes I did say early afternoon dinner...you see whatever was leftover from dinner, was always made into a sandwich for the evening....

Aprons come to mind, cause yesterday a fellow Facebook gal asked if we wear our craft aprons out in the public....and I jump in the conversation & said "I do"... its not like it was in years gone by ~ that every time a gal would be doing something she always put an apron on...oh the beeauty of aprons, some fancy some plain but they were always worn with pride... why wouldn't we wear our aprons now? they are a part of a wardrobe statement, that has somewhat gone astray ...but nope not I ~ I love the tradition of wearing the apron & having Sunday dinner with family & friends...

As a matter of fact the "beeautiful apron above was gifted to me by my friend Grace http://www.pinkinthecity.blogspot.com/, she had this apron made especially for me for my "50th Birthday" designed & made by Holly Stinnett....  Grace remember all the things that I liked and had Holly put them together on my apron... well when I open my gift from Grace I almost died ~ I LOVE IT and it had BEES yes four bees on it...if I have to choose I would say this is the best gift that I recieved for my birthday...  and every chance I get I try to wear it out...it looks lovely with a pair of jeans or even a black pair of pants or a blue dress, but I do wear it out in public ~ including other aprons that I have too have been worn by me out & about.....

So that is my entry for today...try to find an apron and put it on while you're making Sunday's dinner, just think you might bring back the trend of when, in the good days things were done in style...

Have a hONeY of a dAy the old fashion way~
Marlene aka mIzZ bEe . . . .

No comments: